how to load a sig p238

Ask Sig. Internal OEM components are replaced with MagGuts components. Eight major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. Who cares if it prints? Luckily though, this is a SIG firearm, and its loaded with safety features. Larger than the original PPK, its easier to shoot and is accurate as the day is long. Now its time to clean the slide and frame. That's why I carry that way. There was then, as there is now, much call for a more concealable handgun. While doing this, push the slide forward so you can remove the spring, and next the barrel. Perusing the used guns section of many gun shops will yield a staggering array of superb opportunities to acquire excellent used guns at bargain prices. You could also choose the P938 if youre after a 9mm chambered option. Like most Glocks, the striker-fired has a decently crisp trigger out of the box and a short reset. Having said that, you should bear flint in mind if youre going to pocket carry. Plus, swapping them out is an easy DIY job. The kit includes a bore brush, chamber brush, and trigger assembly brush to clean the inside of your gun. No revelations here. He lives in Kansas with his wife Shirley and the two German Shepherds, Troy and Reagan. At its essence, the .380 pistol is a micro 1911 offering all the assets John M. Browning intended in perhaps his most famous design. I am now considering with safety off. I personally like the ability to chamber a round with the safety on. I have a child so my gun is on safety chambered and with a full magazine. However, the company improved upon a proven design giving it legs of its own to stand on. My fiancee's SAO Legion works the same and I wouldn't have it any other way. The Taurus TCP 738 is what I consider a tiny option. However, this is a stupidly, delicate step. And I haven't got a holster for it yet. Walther once again is the exclusive manufacturer, which adds up to excellent fit, finish and quality control. This pistol is meant for very close range, and at that range, accuracy is perfect. Everything was contained in a nice, plastic case. In layman terms, this means a gun youll carry every day. Condition 1 carrying with the hammer cocked can unnerve some people. Don't forget to subscribe! Remove the barrel from the slide assembly. Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging . I dont like pocket pistols! Wipe down all of the exterior surfaces of the gun with a clean cloth. It offers controlled expansion to allow the round to expand gradually as it travels through the body. Heres how to clean your P238 using the Sig Sauer cleaning kit. These will help you hit your target no matter the time of day. My first gun was a glock, so I don't like to deal with a safety. When you do this in reverse, youll need to remember to push the ejector down while putting the slide back onto the frame. Then, use the rags or paper towels to remove any residual solvent. Accuracy is as expected from Sig. SIG ships the P238 with their glow in the dark night sights. Which it needs to be, as pocket carry pistols are all about personal protection. Im 61 years old and my 33 year old Son in Law loves shooting this gun. For good measure, Smith & Wesson added a few other assets, such as aggressive slide serrations and flared section at the rear of the slide. To be honest, were not a huge fan of this design. Be sure to get all the nooks and crannies. Start by using the cleaning brush to remove any dirt or debris from the gun. I bought my P938 primarily because of its 1911-ness, and am very happy with it, 500 rounds in. Push the hammer down. I have shot several pocket pistols, rentals at various ranges and this by far was the sweetest shooter. I'm left handed, too, and I either buy SA semi autos with ambi safeties or have one put on by a gun smith. The frame can be cleaned next. Questions and concerns? In this article, well show you how to clean your Sig Sauer P238 with a cleaning kit. As far as sig making it safer then they forgot the grip safety. Reassemble the firearm in the reverse order. There have been many variations over the years, and currently, there are more than a half dozen options available. Its a natural, and the sights really do help in this department. As far as concealability, few beat the P238. Have you ever wondered if you can, Continue Reading Can You Shoot Buckshot Out Of A Rifled Barrel?Continue. Please consider supporting me through my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/firearmsofamerica Sig Sauer p238 Cleaning and Partial Disassembly | Basic Gun MaintenanceWelcome back, this is not a gun review video, but instead, more of a educational, on how to keep your gun clean and functioning well, specifically, your Sig Sauer p238 Sport 12.Sig Sauer p238 maintenance is pretty simple and I like to do it after every range use to remove the dust, dirt and ammo particles. Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount. This ammo isn't too expensive and is pretty common. Again, this is a small gun and featherweight. Using a cleaning rod and patch, run a wet patch through the barrel. #1 I carry my p238 not cocked and locked what I do is rack one in the chamber , load the magazine to full capacity then drop the hammer keeping it on fire not safety, if EVER I need to use it it's just as easy to cock the hammer manually then drop the safety without the fear of accidental fireing of "cocked and locked" .. S Sig1911 New member Ticking like a Swiss-made timepiece, the P238 had folks looking .380 ACP long before the cartridge regained popularity. The .380 caliber pistol is loved by some, but often overlooked by others. The length is 5.5 inches, height is 3.9 inches, width is 1.1 inches. Plus, the design is easy enough to train yourself to disengage during your draw cycle. All in all, this pistol is a winner! There are literally a couple of dozen combinations available. I have read articles if sig p238 with thumb safety recalls and improper functioning/not functioning, I have tested mine but.. My reason for carrying chambered, hammer down. Not that it still isnt. Though, there is at least one bone to pickthe trigger. You will need a Sig Sauer P238 cleaning kit, which includes a bore brush, chamber brush, and cleaning rod. That I don't get. The Sig Sauer P238 is a great little pistol for concealed carry or backup gun. Spring load measures how much it takes to compress a spring a given distance. Furthermore, if your loader is not mentioned in the above list then please reach out to us along with the size of the magazine. None remarked the pistol would be better suited for an expert. This is not a gun for individuals who are not prepared to learn and regularly practice. Its a slightly twisted history, and the origin lies in the land of the mythic 1911. I'm not talking about compromising "safety" as a concept, I'm talking about the operation of the safety lever - its primary function of making the gun ready to fire by disengaging it - being compromised in the interest of it not getting in the way of racking the slide. So we have a tiny 1911, and the controls are as good on the P238 as they are on the legendary 1911. Just for the fun of it, I asked to handle the P238. Download the manual for your SIG SAUER product. This projectile is really the key to this ammunition's success. People run out and snap up the latest goodies, which often leaves the older models, which are still stellar, overlooked. As we browsed the display cases, I saw that the shop had two Sig P238s for sale. A few passes with a clean patch should do the trick. RangeTray's unique and PATENTED speedloader offers the easiest magazine loading method on the market today. In this video I will perform a partial Sig Sauer p238 disassembly to perform a basic cleaning, nothing too complicated. I agree it is expensive, but for my money, it is well worth it. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Aimpoint Pro vs Eotech: Which One is the Better Value? The barrel is 2.7 inches. It took 3 weeks with no mag and only 1 in the chamber before I received mine back form Sig. Next, use the swab to clean the barrel, being sure to get rid of any residue. If you reside in a shorts and T-shirt climate, a Government Model 1911 is awfully difficult to keep under wraps. Its light, I barely know its there. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Set Descending Direction Sig Sauer P238 Sports 12 .380 ACP Pistol 238-380-SPORTS12 . of Corrections for 16 years as a corrections officer in the State Correctional Institute at Graterford and later at SCI Phoenix. Its not designed to replace every pistol on the market, but it does fit its niche perfectly. The kit also comes with a can of compressed air to blow out any dust or debris from your gun. Sig P238 Pistol sootch00 1.34M subscribers Subscribe 4.3K 410K views 9 years ago Fun Gun Reviews Presents: The Sig Sauer P238 Single Action Semi-Auto Pistol in 380 ACP. If you had to gripe, the oversized grip safety doesnt win style points. Its slide is stainless steel, with both front and rear sights dovetailed into it. He loves writing and sharing his extensive knowledge of firearms, especially AR rifles and tactical equipment. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Fostering program compliance is. Flint builds up around the hammer area if you keep the pistol in your pocket. Though, if it or any other part of the G42 isnt up to your standards, the Glock aftermarket is huge and the pistol upgradeable. But it does mean doing your homework on the ammunition youll use to guard your life. Then keep trying to move the slide rearwards. That got me to thinking that maybe the .380 caliber choice wasnt a terrible one because of how soft this pistol shoots. Second, it ensures that your gun functions properly and smoothly. In this same decade, Colt decided to make a more compact version of the 1911. In fact, this disassembly step should be similar to a lot of other p238 models, so if you want to know how to disassemble p238 gun, well, this might help! 95.8K subscribers This video is about Sig P238. The Taurus TCP looks good, I hadnt heard of that one. There are, however, internal safeties; a firing pin block, hammer safety, and a disconnect that prevents firing if the pistol is out of battery. In fact, I fired a second round just to make sure what I was feeling was normal. I wasnt about to put the pistol into a Ransom Rest, as that would be ridiculous for this type of firearm. Lightweight. and get 15% off. Make sense to anyone but me? At first, I thought it a little odd that I could rack the slide with the safety engaged, but I actually do appreciate it. If you believe that the average casual buyer is devoted to becoming proficient with the P238, and is devoted to regularly training with this pistol, Ill bet you a box of ammo youre wrong. (1 rating) Bookmark. Download the manual for your SIG SAUER product. Flash shoot it, the first empty would go almost straight up vertically, the second would hit her in the chest, the 3rd would take off at 4 o'clock and at a 60 degree vertical angle heading for the lower stratosphere, as would the . Semi-auto pistols prove prohibitive to some. It features a manual safety and slide release lever. Any woman shopping for a concealed carry piece that has issues with recoil tolerance, please consider the P238. Unscrew the cap at the end of the barrel and set it aside. We left the gunshop with my friends first 9mm pistol (a used Sig P239), and he was thrilled. As far as two safeties, mine only has one safety and it is so well-designed that I am confident to carry in Condition 1. I use it whenever possible and have taught my wife to use that feature too. Our design features a dual style loading method that gives the user the choice of using either a thumb on the top to depress the loader or the tabletop . This firearm is an all-metal gun. I totally agree with Don P . and get 10% off, Buy 4 or above That was an important selling point for me. Use the cleaning rod and brush to clean the trigger assembly. For a while, at least, as Colt eventually stopped production. multicam. I do not have the safety on unless it's in my safe. Use the cleaning rod and patch to clean the chamber. Also, check out Chris' new book, \"Shoot to Win: Tips, Tactics and Techniques to Help You Shoot Like a Pro,\" available at http://www.topshotchris.com/store.htmlGlock 19 courtesy of Salient Arms International: http://www.SalientArms.com/Ammunition Provided by WinchesterFilmed at the Richmond Rod \u0026 Gun Club in Richmond, CA. Diamondback DB380 .380 ACP, Bersa Thunder, Bersa Thunder Cc .380 ACP. Luckily its nothing a quick shot of compressed air wont clear. This has reasonably rectified the situation and rebuilt my complete satisfaction to the point where I hold them in the highest regard as a firearms manufacturer. You are using an out of date browser. Spray the solution on the brush and scrub the slide and frame. I also carry a separate full magazine with it. 2023 GunMag Warehouse. Why would you choose the Ruger LCP II for comparison? Also, we offer a 30-days hassle-free exchange. I shot out to 20 yards and was able to keep all the rounds on an 8-inch paper plate, but I had to take my time to do that. Then, use the cleaning rod to push the cleaning solvent through the gun. Very little recoil. Filter. The support hand, when shooting two handed, should be nowhere near any moving part, which would cause injury of any kind. The recoil spring is strong, so take care. Though, it is a straight blowback action, which means it tends to produce stouter felt recoil. That was added at the request of the US Government. He was then promoted to the title of corrections counselor, where he ran a caseload and facilitated cognitive therapy classes to inmates. They are about the size of some 9mm pistols, so why not use a 9mm unless the person has some physical limitation. You should also oil the gun regularly to keep it in good condition. Let's see how long it will take until I am banned from there: https://twitter.com/firearmsofaBut since everyone is mass leaving Facebook and Twitter, here is my Parler as well: https://parler.com/profile/FirearmsOfAmerica Conversely the 1911 safety could look and feel the much the same as it does now and not interact with the slide movement. The author needs to expand his knowledge-base before writing a piece like this, otherwise it just looks like an attempt to sell Glocks and S&Ws. The P238 has an overall length of 5.5, measures 3.96 in height and weighs just short of 16 oz. A number of acquaintances, with varying amount of gun handling and marksmanship ability, who own the P238 do not find the pistol difficult to control at all. S&W M&P Shield EZ starting at $446 Guns.com. A little more about the .380 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) round, which was invented in 1908. In turn, keeping a .380 pistol concealed is a somewhat easy task. There are some statements in the article that I do not agree with. If youre a responsible gun owner, then you know that its important to keep your gun clean. In fact, there are a few manufacturers that specialize in sight upgrades for compact firearms. Wipe it down with a clean rag and set it aside to dry. Savage Arms Impulse Driven Hunter: Straight Pull Precision, Precision and Elegance: MasterPiece Arms DS38SC 38 Super Comp Open Competition Pistol, Sig MCX-SPEAR: Commercial Version of the XM7 Rifle, Taylors & Company Tactical 1911: 10mm Goodness. There are a number of higher priced models but a blanket statement claiming the P238 to be all but unaffordable is simply inaccurate. How to reassemble your kit after cleaning? I am not suggesting the the advice offered by the many is inaccurate. I currently carry eight rounds on board with two spare 6-round magazines, giving me 20 rounds. We might actually go as far as to say this isthe most reliable pocket carry pistol currently available. The pistols are single action guns that have a frame mounted safety. Assuming you are asking how to clean your Sig Sauer P238: The Sig Sauer P238 cleaning kit comes with a variety of solvents and cleaners to use on your kit. Okay, I figured, Ill stop by the shop again and just take a look at it. First, youll need to gather all of the supplies that youll need. His service included operation Restore Hope in Somalia and Desert Storm in Kuwait. When taken off safe, there is a very positive, most pleasing click. As soon as I read that it has a grip safety, I knew the author had never handled this pistol in his life. Theyre small, downright minuscule. The break is nice and crisp, with a weight a little over four pounds, which contributes to accuracy. 9mm short, 9mm Browning) 6 Rounds in the magazine with capability to be carried safely with 1 in the chamber, hammer cocked and safety on. The ambidextrous safety pinched my trigger finger when I flicked it down with my thumb. Looking for other superb Sig Sauer options? All things considered, I am more confident carrying this piece than any other. If you would, please point these two difficult to manage safeties. It is important to clean all parts of the gun, including the barrel, slide, frame, and magazine. The P238 from SIG Sauer is a fine little firearm. Value and performance, oftentimes its in an inverse relationship. A clean gun is a sign of a responsible gun owner. Among the most highly anticipated guns in the past decade, the G42 didnt disappoint. In this post, we will be discussing how to mount an Atlas Bipod on a, Continue Reading How To Mount Atlas Bipod On Remington 700 | Ultimate GuideContinue, There are many different types of red dot sights on the market, and two of, Continue Reading Aimpoint Pro vs Eotech: Which One is the Better Value?Continue, Continue Reading How To Soften A Leather HolsterContinue, Are you looking to expand your shooting skills? Advance Tips: How to Clean Sig Sauer P238 Cleaning Kit? I have no trouble shooting a 50 round qualifying round on an FBI Q target. This, however has a short, light, single-action only trigger pull compared to the typically long, heavy and usually accuracy hindering double-action pull found on most \"pocket\" 380s. I would never carry any other way. But is the SIG Sauer P238 the best pocket pistol for the price? I expressed my concern to Sig cust. Easier said than done. When not at his press or the range he can be found chasing mule deer around the Rocky Mountains. Then the Slide should move back. He served on the Corrections Emergency Response Team (CERT), several of those years as a sniper, and also the Fire Emergency Response Team (FERT). The P238 is 15.2 ounces, and before I get into the rest of the specs, let me tell you that it is an absolute joy to carry! Read more. Great fun; excellent ergonomics for a pocket pistols and FUN. MrBulletpoints 11.6K subscribers Subscribe 1.3K 179K views 8 years ago How to take down & reassemble the Sig Sauer p238 pistol.. Take solace, few ever feel the pistol is a waste of money. I hope others will find useful. Who would have thought? So I'm not sure if I will have the safety on or off. His total service time was close to 29 years. You have entered an incorrect email address! I just like to know that it will reach out further than bad breath distance, which it will if the shooter takes his time. Youll also need some rags or paper towels. How To Load Sig Sauer P238 If you are looking for Seeley How To Load Sig Sauer P238 Yes you see this. I fined it very accurate for me. You can't rack it with the safety on unless the hammer is cocked. I purchased a 7-round mag with extended floorplate, which gives my pinky finger a place to rest. The sights returned to the target very quickly as a result of this soft recoil. Any review can be picked apart for isolated aspects, but all in all, Mr. Turner did an excellent job in exposing the potential for failure in selecting this beautifully executed pistol. This soft-shooting pistol quickly became my favorite handgun to shoot; its just plain fun! Thats small. Make sure the area you are working in is clean and organized. It's a small gun and the small motor movements involved in both taking off the safety and cocking the gun are going to be tough to pull off efficiently when adrenline dumps into your system under stress. You have huge hands, you wouldnt be happy with them. He agreed. MSRP: $685; sigsauer.com Sig P238 starting at $519 Guns.com Glock 42 Among the most highly anticipated guns in the past decade, the G42 didn't disappoint. So, before we ramble on to the top .380 pistol options available today, we should hit some of the pros and cons of the demure 9mm and its handguns. How to disassemble your kit for cleaning? To keep your kit clean, start by disassembling the gun and wiping down all the parts with a clean cloth. I know this is an extremely old thread, but since there are still many who will search this same question and come to this thread, I thought I would try to update some misunderstanding on the internal mechanisms of the P238. The advice I like best for 1911 carriers that carry that way is the danger of getting it into that condition. The most important thing to remember when cleaning your kit is to always use the proper solvent for the specific part you are cleaning. A forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles owners and enthusiasts. Recognizing this issue, Smith & Wesson dealt with it head-on, deftly so, with the M&P380 Shield EZ. Again, you want to be pinching and pushing down on the hammer, so the hammer doesn't move as you initially squeeze the trigger. So, no thank you. We found that the thumb safety on the stiff side, but not remarkably so. Once the slide and frame are clean, use the brush to apply some lubricant to the moving parts. In it, you will find our breakdown of this small firearm, the top features, the Pros and Cons, and everything else you need to consider. He spent a lot of time writing this article, too bad he did it based on unverified sources. You should clean your Sig Sauer P238 after every use, or at least every couple of weeks. Its certainly worth a look at! Next, slide the slide onto the frame. I like it the way it is. Continue Reading Can You Shoot 45 Acp Out Of A 410Continue, Are you looking to convert your Ruger 10 22 to full auto, there are a, Continue Reading How To Convert Ruger 10 22 To Full AutoContinue, Your email address will not be published. And yet, it doesnt feel much heavier than what youd expect for such a tiny pistol. And small! The SIG P238 has an anodized aluminum frame and a stainless steel barrel and slide.

Login To Old Myspace Account, Topeka, Kansas Obituaries 2021, Stubhub App Not Available In Your Country, Is Huey Williams Of The Jackson Southernaires Still Alive, Socalmountains Scanner, Articles H

Comments are closed.